Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

I will follow - Chris Tomlin

This passage has been on my mind for the past few days...
As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. 
- Mark 1:16-18

Today's Sunday School, the teacher mentioned this song, I Will Follow by Chris Tomlin...


The biggest battle is not external circumstances.  It is the internal struggle against one desire.  For the desire to go, there's 10 or 100 times internal forces to stay.

I love the way Mark wrote his gospel. It was quick. It was immediate.  The author wrote in such a way like they were in a hurry.  He called, they followed.  Simple faith.

I will follow - Chris Tomlin


Where you go, I'll go 
Where you stay, I'll stay 
When you move, I'll move 
I will follow... 

All your ways are good 
All your ways are sure 
I will trust in you alone 
Higher than my side 
High above my life 
I will trust in you alone 

Where you go, I'll go 
Where you stay, I'll stay 
When you move, I'll move 
I will follow you 
Who you love, I'll love 
How you serve I'll serve 
If this life I lose, I will follow you 
I will follow you 

Light unto the world 
Light unto my life 
I will live for you alone 
You're the one I seek 
Knowing I will find 
All I need in you alone, in you alone 

In you there's life everlasting 
In you there's freedom for my soul 
In you there joy, unending joy 
and I will follow

No comments: