Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Called

My friend and I were talking about Eric Liddell earlier today.

I told him Eric became a missionary and went to China after winning the Olympics.  Quite a humble feat to forgo his racing career...

My friend asked why did he do that?

To which I replied.

Because God called him.

Just as Abraham was called by God, so did Moses, so did countless of people in history.

God called, we follow.  It ain't that complicated.

To which I am also called.


When He calls, it is clear as water.

My God is a God that restores community....

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, 
   because he has anointed me 
   to proclaim good news to the poor. 
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners 
   and recovery of sight for the blind, 
to set the oppressed free, 
   to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

 Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him.  He began by saying to them, 

“Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”
Luke 4:18-20

No comments: