Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Riches Beyond Riches

When I thought of the rest of the world making less than 2 dollar day..I cannot help to start doing some math.

2 dollar a day = about 700 dollars a year.

Anyone who comes out of University makes on an average $40,000. Compare to the majority of the world, we who have a degree is indeed rich.

In one sense, we are very rich compare to the rest of the world. This might not seem so when we compare to the rest of our society. I live in a townhouse in Mississauga which might seem small compare to the mansions in Mississauga Road. However, I still think I am much wealthier than the rest of the world.

As a Christian, we are rich in another dimension. For being pre-destined that God will rescue us from our bondage of sins by having Christ dying on the cross for us. As Paul wrote in Ephesains 2:

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. (v 4-7)

This is riches beyond riches. We cannot work for it nor even pay for it. For the cost is so high that God has to sent His son to die on our behalf. For we do not even realize such cost and such crime we are committing until we heard the gospel.
As I draw on this riches which is beyond my phantom. The earthly riches pale in comparison. Despite my income or my social status. Even if I am at the 'bottom' (which I am not), I am rich in Christ. I am wealthy beyond imagination. For the price of sin has been paid and I was bought.

There is only one response....to rejoice..and to be in awe....

No comments: