Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Rest for your souls

Sometimes in life we face disappointment and frustrations.

Sometimes it is our own doing.
Sometimes it is as if we are not in control.

Upon reflecting my own personal struggles right now (too personal to share right now), a missionary friend of my mine lost her brother in Vietnam.  Her and her brother (and the family) were on a vacation in Vietnam.  Her brother simply went down the street to grab a drink.  He never came back.  This happened about a month ago.

In times of asking why and the seriousness of this issue, the missionary, heartbroken and distraught-ed, seek Jesus in this moment.

I remembered a few times in my life when I talked to Jesus and asked Him if I can just lean on Him.  Things in life become un-bearable.  

"Lord, can I rest in You for a moment?  I am weary and burdened.  I do not know what to do."

I am glad there's such a passage in Matthew 11 when Jesus said the following:
 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:29-30

Sometimes it is good to rest in the Lord.  For there's much confront in Him.

No comments: