Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Encouragement...

Yesterday after Sunday School...

Me: "More motivation?  How much more motivation do we need?  I am organizing a mission trip this summer to St James Town.  We have a mission month on Oct.  If we don't find Jesus' Great Commission motivating..how can I, a man, do more?"

Brother: "Well..they need more encouragement."

Perhaps it is the fact that I didn't have anything to eat and my sugar level was low.  I was angry...I was angry because of all the 'lessons' we had at church, guest speakers, years of teaching, we still had no desire to go out.  For once, I wished someone would say, 'yeah, let's go out.'

I was upset.  I was sad. Do we see people dying on the street?  If they don't know Christ, they are gone forever..... I guess that ain't that urgent.

I do not know how much more encouragement I can offer.

And so yesterday I rode my bike thinking about this.  Thinking about what it means to be encouraging.  What when no one wants to move (this is not technically true....just a part of the congregation do not feel like moving).  Where is God working in the church? And to encourage everyone from all degrees....and to pray...because this is not a person issue.  This is only through divine intervention can people are mobilized.
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:18-20

The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
Luke 10:2

No comments: