Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Can I race now? - Reflection on Doing

Before cyclists go on a tour, there is always a time when they are interviewed.  Reports will ask them many questions.  How the team has been training? What do they hope to accomplish?  Add some controversial questions like doping....

...there is one cyclist simply reply:

Can I race now?

...

I was watching a short video on Francis Chan today...he was talking about doing what Jesus commanded versus thinking about what Jesus commanded.



A while ago I was telling my friend...Jesus never really ask us to think about what He says. He just asked us to do. He says go and make disciples...(Matthew 28:18-20)...love your neighbor as yourself (Luke 10:25-37). He never say..well if you have time, Cliff, you should think about how to go and how to love those around you...

Sometimes, I feel like I spend all the energy in digging through the passage, reading many books about the Bible, and going to many conferences to listen to speakers to learn how to do what Jesus told us to do..by the time i did all the learning..I am so tired that I need a nap! (Look I am getting old :P)....

Perhaps this has to do with our the information age we are living in..we feels like we need to learn more and more..and the more I learn the more it feels like I am not ready..

If you are a triathlete..or a runner or a cyclist..can you imagine sitting on your behind all day reading every training program and philosophy out there?  Would that make you faster?

The only way to get faster is to do as much as the body can absorb. Clear and simple (Lance Armstrong knows this very well).  What if Lance in order to compete for this year's Tour De France, he would stop, go take a masters in kinesiology, Once he figure out everything he would go and race?....



To be a Christian is very simple.  Let the Spirit lead.  Have full faith.  Love God, love others.

May I focus on the commanded I was given....not get side  tracked.  May my Master rejoice on that day, when I, a broken tool, bow before Him and share what  I had done in His Name...
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' 

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oh man this blog got me so pumped.. first chan then lance and so spiritual too.. Yeah I'm looking forward to Heaven. We don't talk about it too much in our everyday conversations in american church... other christian churches outside of US ... I believe have heaven on the forfront of their minds. Thanks Cliff. I too, can't wait to hear those words... " Well done, good and FAITHFUL servant". Oh what a happy day that will be!
Hugs,
Tara