Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A good Bible Study

Once a month, I attend a Bible Study. It is fairly relax and led by a humbly couple from my church. Who knew Bible Study can be so much fun and refreshing.

I am thankful for having so many people early in my Christian life that have a passion for the Bible. Not only that but they challenge and help me think and how to read the Bible. To study within context. To try and understand what the author is trying to say. To not add more or take away anything from the Word.

I enjoyed it very much. The husband led the Bible Study and we would spend hours digging around few verses every night. There are nights we stayed up pretty late. Despite that, leaving their home was always refreshing in the soul and in the heart.

It will take us more than one year to go through one book. Not that we have to rush to get every book done. It is the act and the actual digging that is spiritually refreshing. He will always challenge us with questions and make us think why did author write this or add that.

Right now we are going through the Gospel of Matthew. I think we had been doing this for fourth months and we just come to the end of chapter two.

There was one part in tonight's Bible Study that I felt very assure. It was the idea that God is with us.

Matthew quote Isaiah 7:14 in Matthew 1:23:
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us."
And if we take a look at Matthew 28:20, at the end of the gospel, we see that Jesus use the same words (Matthew 28:20b)

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

This is an inclusio. Wow, the thought that Jesus is with me is amazing. I hope I never forget this.

Hmm...a Bible Study to start off the month...so good :)

No comments: