Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Book of Job

"This book is tough" - I said that a few years ago when I was leading Fellowship and we decided to tackle this book.

Since I led then till now, my perspective on the book of Job changed...

A few things book of Job is not about:
- it ain't about Job getting twice as much stuff after he suffered (we can discount..oh if I suffer b/c of God, He will provide me more rewards)
- it ain't about his friends who accuse him for sinning (though we see often in human nature)
- it ain't even about asking why Job has to suffer and how we can avoid suffering if we can learn from what Job did right and wrong

It simply it is about the Sovereignty of God. I need to read the book again.

Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know.

No comments: