Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Facedown

I was listening to Matt Redman's song, Facedown, on my run this afternoon.



Lord, who is like You. The Mighty of Mighty. The King of kings and Lord of lords. Who can come to you without trembling.

My knees buckle. I dare not to look up in the sky. I can only look down at the ground. I am face down. My lips quivered. I am shattered. Your Glory shines too brightly for me. I am not worthy to stand before the Holy One. Who am I to be among Your presence. What have I done to deserve Your adoption.

May You forever be exalted. May we worship You facedown. May we feel Your Glory shine among all of us. May I continue to worship You with fear and trembling.

Who can be in His presence without in awe and without trembling...
Who can come before Him without facedown...


Then he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob." At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
Exodus 3:6

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
Isaiah 6:5

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love how you encourage others with your thoughts and point it all back to Him! Thanks for being a "Barnabas"!!!

Tara from Iowa!!