Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our Father

He has shown all you people what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8 (TNIV)

When I heard this verse this morning, I cannot help but have tears in my eyes. In the age where injustice and oppression is all around us, I am rejoice in knowing our Father is a source of justice, love and mercy.

When we are called and convicted to act righteousness, whether this is feeding the sick and fighting against poverty, it is very over-whelming at times. I contemplated why when I am call to restore those broken lives in Mississauga (more like join our Father in His path), I often feel distraught, weak and small . Who am I to be part of this plan to restore the needy? I have no skills, no resources nor talents. It feels like every step I take, I am being push two steps behind.

Over the weekend, I am reminded it is ok to feel overwhelm. We are to rely on God for His Strength will prevail.

In all my days, I need to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with my God...

No comments: