Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What really matters...

This is from a Christian perspective..

At Australia, I was studying Romans 5:6-11 with my friend's fellowship.

6For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.

7For one will hardly die for a righteous man; though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die.

8But Goddemonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

10For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

11And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

It is such a small passage. I have read it over many times. During the trip, it just dawn on me how amazing this is. If this doesn't get me rejoice because of the assurance of salvation through God's grace, I don't think what else will.

In my previous post, http://soulofachristiantriathlete.blogspot.com/2009/09/seeking-christ-down-south.html, I ended up the post with:

This might be a vacation but Jesus Christ is all I am dwelling right now.....His fellowship I desire...one Sunday School teacher once commented that according to Paul...Jesus Christ is everything...everything else..like career, relationshps or things....is no a concern to Paul..when I live as a Christian..do i simply skimp on the salvation and then pray to ask for more things?? Or is Jesus Christ as we all sing songs and talk about..is enough?? I pray to Holy Spirit I sure hope so....

This really goes back to Jesus Christ and nothing else. It is what Jesus did at the cross that's so significant. WOW.

Not just a head knowledge but a heart of rejoice and joy. I have to learn to be only happy through Him and in Him. By this I mean, Jesus Christ on the Cross alone that matters...not Jesus Christ + car + good life + lots of gadgets and what not. All these are just gravy. Let's get back to the fundamentals.

When I realize I was once God's enemy, that my hand is stained with Christ blood from my sins, I fell guilty and ashame. At the same time, I see what it means by God's Grace. Even before we know we were wrong, God already died for us. WOW. The hardest part is done. Who am I to complain about having a tough life :o)).

AMEN!

No comments: