Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What I thought was small...

I was at Open Door last night sorting clothes. I was speaking with a lady who regularly attend the dinners which my fellowship served earlier this year.

She recognized me and got into a conversation. During the dinner, we organized a Bingo game to get everyone involved. To be honest, I didn't thought too much of it. It seemed like a minor thing and not very significant.

To my surprise, she mentioned how much her kids enjoy the games. She asked when my fellowship would help served dinners.

I was reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together while I was in Australia. Ok, I actually just read one chapter. It was simply very deep and I spent about a week re-reading and thinking what Dietrich was saying. It was on fellowship. One section, Dietrich mentioned that sometimes what we think is very small and weak might be what God is working (sanctification).

I thought the bingo games were ordinary. Yet, the response from the lady it seemed that this is where God is working.

No comments: