Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

The source of joy...

Lately, I've been reflecting where I invest my time on.

Is life merely 9-5 at work and go out and have fun on the weekend..rinse and repeat...

I was sharing with a friend tonight that I get more excited about reading Hudson Taylor has to save up his own money and test his own faith by living as simple as possible than say going to Playdium.

And I am frustrated lately...more of myself..b/c I talk more than I act.

A lot of yap yap yap..and not a lot of action makes the heart sink.

This is what was engraved on Hudson Taylor's grave:

Sacred
to the memory
of
the Rev.
J. Hudson Taylor,
the revered founder
of
the China Inland Mission.
Born May 21, 1832,
Died June 3, 1905
"A MAN IN CHRIST" 2 Cor. XII:2
This monument is erected
by the missionaries of the China Inland Mission,
as a mark of their heartfelt esteem and love.

I was interested in the Bible Verse, 2 Corinthian 7:2 (bad Greek on my part..I thought XII is 7 when it really is 12)....

2Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one. 3I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such a place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. 4I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles my joy knows no bounds.

I took two more verses because verse 4 caught my attention.

In all my troubles my joy knows no bounds....

I have tasted the joy of what the world can offer. I tried it. And I don't want to sound like someone who say no to all fun things. Even Jesus went to wedding and Matthew's party and dine w/ sinners.

I just want to try to seek the joy that knows no bound even in times of suffering.

1 comment:

SaNdMaN said...

it's funny that you should mention Hudson Taylor . . . I've been inspired by a lot of those great Christian men who've come before us as well . . . I've actually been posting a few up on a site I'm maintaining -> christians.com and it's quite enlightening once you find out how young they were when they accomplished great things for God. makes you wonder what we have done for Him?