Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

OMF Acceptance

Been a bit busy lately.  Don't have much time to blog.

Someday, I will tell the whole story...in short, OMF (Overseas Missionary Fellowship) offered me an  IT role in their Headquarter in Singapore. After a lengthy application process, they accepted me.

It had been indeed a longer process than I would imagine.  Partly because of my health condition.  Having a liver transplant, they needed to be careful that I will have adequate support when I am overseas.

I am still in the midst of getting medical clearance.  Meeting with my family doctor to get the adequate tests for the OMF doctors.

Through this process, the thoughts of the Cost of Discipleship dawn on me many times.  Give up everything and follow Him.

A few months ago, when I started walking down this journey, the obstacles were so huge.  The doors seemed to be closed.  My liver numbers were high.  The doctor wasn't sure the cause of it.  Yet, God knocked them down one at a time.

I am hopefully hopeful in all circumstances.

So this morning, as I reflected upon this.  Though I am tired and feel burdened by the amount of work, follow up, exploration involve for support and medical clearance, I am also joyful to see how God works.

So with this in mind.....

...gotta keep moving.

 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
 “I will make you into a great nation,
   and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
   and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,
   and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
   will be blessed through you.” 
So Abram went, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him.
Genesis 12: 1-4

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector’s booth. “Follow me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
Matthew 9:9

No comments: