Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Repost: Eat Pig Slop

A repost from Hagar International.


My parents used to make me eat pig slop. You might wonder what pig slop tastes like, but it's not as bad as it sounds. To be honest, I got used to it. But what was worse was when my parents would yell at me. Or they'd hit me. Or they would dip my clothes in pig manure because I wanted to take a school exam. That hurt a lot. Because eating pig slop is nothing really, lots of people eat worse things. What's worse is my parents treated me like a pig - like an animal - for years.

I pray that Thi will realize that there is heavenly Father that cares for her, treats her as one of His own and will never abandon her.

Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.
"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' So he got up and went to his father. 
      "But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."
Luke 15:15-20

No comments: