Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Trust

Currently, I am watching Battlestar Galatica Season 3.



My coworker lend me all the seasons.

I ma not a big fan of watching TV.  Probably b/c my habit of training instead of watching tv for the past few years.  I don't get hooked on many of them.

Battlestar Galatica is different.  It captured my attention. The plot is very well done.  It is gritty.  It is more than  a science fiction.  There is a lot human interaction Though the human race is on the verge of extinction, people act like people.  Killing and plotting against one another.   Betrayal for their own selfish cause.  There is a huge religion and political realm around it.  Add in a few robots and some look and think like human and you have a great series.

Tonight, there is one conversation....where one person ask the other person how can she trust him...

To which he replies...

"I don't.  That's why it's call trust."

How profound...

Today, I took my bike for a ride.  I haven't done that for a while.  It was nice to be on the road on a nice summer evening.  It wasn't too hot and lots of cyclist on the road.  I saw a packed of riders.  I rarely seen that in my city.

It was great to be quiet for a moment. I haven't had that for a long time.  Earlier at work, I was telling a friend of lately how tiring I had been.  Seems all of a sudden turning 30 I feel like there is never enough time and always have a list to do.

  • List to do at work.  
  • List to do at home.  
  • List to do at church.

And so I ride.  Just enjoying the scenery.  Not worry about my heart rate.  Not worry about how hard I ride. Though I am still obsess about making sure my cadence is hovering around 90 rpm for peak efficiency.

Funny how a sci fi tv show reminded me of trust.  It is those times when I don't know where God is leading...against all 'rational' sense...that I still willing to follow Him.

Indeed, trust is having no trust at all.

No comments: