Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

God is...

Some ideas from reading an interview of Tim Chester on his book, You Can Change.


In one of the questions, he mentioned that God is great, God is glorious, Good is good and God is gracious.  These are some of the common characteristics of God which as a Christian I learnt quite often at church, fellowship, Bible Study and Sunday School.


What I enjoyed reading from this interview is that Tim took it one step further.  He stated one of God's characters and how it should impact the way we live.



  • God is great – so we don’t have to be in control
  •  God is glorious – so we don’t have to fear others
  •  God is good – so we don’t have to look elsewhere
  •  God is gracious – so we don’t have to prove ourselves
This is something I had been discerning about.  Often I see we talk about these features..yet not able to apply them into our lives.  Or do not find them relevant to us everyday.  Yes God is great and He is in control but on Monday I have to get up early to work and have many projects to do and I am not sure if I can finish all of them......

Perhaps a better way to look at it is..yes God is good and He is in control.  On Monday, no matter how much projects are coming down the pipe, He is still in control. Thus, I shouldn't worry as He is the one who will be in charge of these projects....

...hmmm....ok..need to brush my teeth and head to work :)))

1 comment:

Tara said...

I love the application of those 4 points... I'm gonna write those down! Thanks, Cliff.