Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

International Justice Missions Reception

I attended the IJM Reception tonight.


It opened my eyes and my heart as to what's going on in the world.

For now I have little to say...other than.during the reception my heart just sank at the sight of the lostness of the world.

There is estimated more than 20 million slaves and human traffickers around the world. That's more than the past 400 years.

Stories were shocking and surreal. There is never so much injustice. Yet in some where it is a common place...

and that ain't right..

I need to pray....and just see where the Lord takes me....

This is what IJM does...a story from NBC News discussing IJM raiding child brothels in Cambodia

Note: this contains extreme graphic on child prostitution...



Your New Moon festivals and your appointed feasts
my soul hates.
They have become a burden to me;
I am weary of bearing them.

When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I will hide my eyes from you;
even if you offer many prayers,
I will not listen.
Your hands are full of blood;

wash and make yourselves clean.
Take your evil deeds
out of my sight!
Stop doing wrong,

learn to do right!
Seek justice,
encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless,
plead the case of the widow.

1 comment:

victoria said...

Ooo... I wanted to go, but currently lack the funds to do much. One of these days!

IJM has such a redemptive and heartstrings-tugging ministry. I remember going to my first IJM seminar and crying and crying and crying from the pain, the hope and the redemption.

Very cool that you could be a part of the reception!