It was 2 am and I could not stop praising God. The paper was simply awesome. Not because of the paper per say. Rather of how God revealed His nature through Moses in the Bible.
It's amazing...Yes, God was angry and He had every reason. His people kept rebelling and grumbling against Him.
Yet at the same time, I see God's grace and mercy ever more.
Someone once commented that Moses and Jesus were very similair.
I was thinking about that as well.
Here's are a few points off my head (they might not be right..but I will find out):
- both were born in a time of oppression and persecution. Jesus was born in Israel under the Roman occupation. Moses was born as a Hebrew enslaved by the Egyptians. Both were born and they were endangered of being kill by the authority.
- both were in the wilderness. Moses went out for 40 years in Midian and 40 years in the wilderness. Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days.
- Moses was given 10 Commandments (the Law) at Mt Sinai. Jesus preached the Beatitudes on top of a mountain. Jesus referred the two Great Commandments (both were quoted from the Law)
- Moses was the priest and atonement for his people's sins. Jesus was the royal priest and He was the Lamb for all the sins in the world.
- Jesus had 12 disciples and Moses had 12 tribes