Pages

Friday, August 14, 2009

The Forbidden Fruit

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."


I am reminded of the forbidden fruit. God made other trees as well. It is just this tree, man cannot eat. And in Genesis 3, we see the fall of man (Adam) by eating the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. As a result of the first sin, they were kicked out of the garden of eden....and sin continued to corrupt the world.

...when it comes to Christian living, there are many temptations. Lately I am tryin to grab the forbidden fruit. Just as the serpent deceive Eve, Satan uses my own heart and my weakness to tempt me. Surely, God didn't say you cannot right? The rationalization and justification of a sinful mind. Plus the corrupted heart fill with lust and self-seeking pleasure.

As my prayer to God to give me signs from Him to open my eyes. He answered. What a GREAT God. He always answer my prayers. He show signs which I cannot ignore.

I now go back to Psalm 37:4

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

May the Lord transform my heart....it is fittig how I am going on my own to Australia for the Transplant Games. I am going to spend 2 weeks there before heading back. I will be in the wild....seeking God.

Lord..sometimes I don't understand and I don't get it. But please..help me have faith in You. May I continue to have peace and joy from You.

No comments: