Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Challenge of a life time...

Trying to jot down some thoughts...
...about the challenges of being a Christian.

Mainly there is a lot of things which lately I've been discerning. And it is hard to describe. What does it mean to live a life to Christ? What does it mean to surrender oneself whole heartedly? What does it mean to let God transform us?

Sometimes, it feels like these questions are cliche. At the same time, where do I seek my joy from? I do not know much. I do know that the joy from seeking Christ is different than saying getting a new bike (or a new car or a fancy things that we enjoy).

Granted, God will provide those (or provide the provisions for us to acquire those objects). There is something much more in terms of joy from being in His persence than mere material objects.

And I do not want to verge too much into that as I don't want to be against material things. Not that they are bad (God did created the world and all creations). This post ain't about that.

Not 'more to do list'. Rather the idea is to inherent Christ-like attitude in all that we do. The more I desire Christ, the less I desire of my own nature. The more I want to find out the purpose of God creating me, the more I need to give up myself.

It is only through self-sacrificing and denial that I can be come closer to Christ

The only way is surrendering and let the Holy Spirit mold and convict us. And this means looking deep inside of my own self and give up things that prevent me from my relationship with Christ. In simpler terms, it is SIN. My sinful desire and my willingness to sin that prevent me from being the tool of God as He intended me to.

And I am thankful for the Holy Spirit. As the Holy Spirit convicts me of where my short fall. It is like a warning light when I take actions or thoughts that dis-pleases God. It is the compass that will forever points toward God. And it rejoices and bring peace when I walked toward Him.

Without the Holy Spirit, we will be lost. Like sheep without shepherd. Cannot distinguish right and wrong.

And this peace transcends all the life experience I felt before knowing Christ.
And I delight in being part of this peace. For this is the peace that satisfy my thirst and hunger.

And if need to, this peace is also which I will give my own life for. As I stared in my room, with all the medals I received. All the possessions I collected. All the works that I achieved. All become very small compare to this peace.

Some day, these medals will rust. The possessions will be discarded. All that I earned will fade. Forgotten.

This is the peace that holds true. That is timeless. That is righteous and love and grace and mercy. A peace that brings hope to those who needed. A peace that gives me joy in waking up everyday. A peace that when my world falls apart, I will do anything to grab hold on.

And so here I am, in 2008, as I continue to walk along the path. I present myself the only challenge. That I continue to walk in faith. Not by sight. When all things are taken away from me. That I am still pleasing in His eyes. That I would invest into things that are unseen. That I would forgo the worry about food and clothing. That I would surrender myself daily and take up my cross. That through the transformation of the Holy Spirit, redeem those who are lost and reconcile those who are broken. To be grateful to be able to participate in God's Grace, even many times I am unworthy for the task. And the passion will not cease.

Amen!!!

No comments: