Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A good conversation

Today I had a good discussion with my friend, Daniel. I know this brother since grade 9.

He was a Christian and after I accepted Christ, our friendship grew. He serves as a small group leader in his church and we discuss everything under the sun.

Church, leadership, fellowship, God's Will, God's Mission, Holy Spirit, encouragement, relationships, friends, outreach, evangelism...confess our sins to one another....everything.

And I am very thankful for having such a brother to bounce idea, share frustration, in general, yap at. There are not a lot of people that I can be comfortably open up.

Today, we went to swim and had dinner afterwards. We discuss the outreach and sharing the Gospel to our non-believer friends. Ideas and experiences seem to flow back and fourth and ebbs here and there.

We talk about brothers and sisters sharing lives with one another and serving each other. At one point, the topic of reaching out was discussed.

Why don't we serve non-believers as we do with our brother and sister in Christ. Why not serve them selflessly?

This brings back to Jesus and the Beatitudes. Luke 6:27-31:

27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Tonight as I was taking out the trash, I wonder how radical would it be if someone steal my wallet, I give him my cell phone as well.

Radical indeed. I start to think about the possibility I can use the resources that God bestowed upon me to help others. Say a friend needs a computer, I lend him mine and ask him to return it whenever. To be utter selfless to those who haven't heard of the Gospel. Wouldn't that be the ultimate act in being Jesus in their lives?

This ain't just about doing humanitarian works. It is about intentionally helping one another without asking anything in return. The source of this love is from Christ.

Radical indeed. I need to discern on this.

What's God doing? And what does God wants to do?

No comments: