Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Commitment of the heart

I had a blog, Looking The Eyes of a Christian Triathlete, for two years. That blog recollects my experience as a triathlete and a Christian. The blog also includes some of the deepest memory and emotions in some of the trying times I faced in the past two years. I shared my struggle after my bike accident. I shared the joy of my first Ironman.

My goal for the blog is to lay my life like an open book. My life is never perfect. I am far from perfect.

I am starting a second blog, this blog, to share my thoughts and my spiritual walk. I've decided to start this blog to jot down my thoughts because I am going to share more spiritual related experiences. It is impossible to separate one's life, one's work from one's faith. This blog will be a reflection of my soul.

I am the type that asks a lot of questions. I am not someone that is highly intellectual (frankly, most times I have trouble putting two words together). I ain't philosophical. I think and think a lot. I read and I read a lot. I constantly evaluating my actions and my beliefs to make sure they align with each other.

I don't want to remember the Scripture or know it in my head. I want to live them. I want to breathe through them. I want to tattoo them in my heart.

Archbishop of Canterbury once said..
the longest journey in life is from the head to the heart
We shall see where this journey will lead...I know this journey will have its twists and turns. Its peaks and valleys.

Oh God...how great You are. How You were there when I was alone. How You were there when I didn't set my sight on You. How You are so grateful. When I sin, You forgive. When I fall, You hold me up. When I was in the darkest moment of my life, You refuse to let go.. And how generous were You to not demand me to turn to you. When I come back like a Prodical son, You simply rejoice. You did not rub it in my face.

For that, I will follow You to the end of the earth. My life is nothing more than a tool to be used by Your Will. Let me dwell in Your House forever...

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments: